Weird Problem with MailScanner {Scanned by Allteks Mailsafe}

Paul Houselander housey at sme-ecom.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 17:11:07 IST 2007

Hi Damian

Take a look at mimedefang - www.mimedefang.org - its what I use here and
works really well, no need to keep maps of all the users, just the domain
and IP address of the destination mailserver, it will then do a call ahead
check to see if the user is valid (assuming the destination mailserver will
respond with a 550 user not found)

Theres an example of a mimedefang filter that does exactly what you want
here http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?RelayCheckAddresses

Cheers

Paul