OT: dot org domain resolution

DAve dave.list at pixelhammer.com
Tue Oct 23 03:06:34 IST 2007

Kevin Miller wrote:
> DAve wrote:
>
>> At this point I am unable to understand why they cannot get a MX
>> record and mail does not arrive at the mailscanner servers. Or why
>> they cannot get an A record and see their own website.
>
> Um, that's weird.  Are they pointing to their own domain server?  I'm
> running a dns server and my clients point to it.  If I do a query for
> anything in my own domain, my server is queried directly - no top level
> servers are involved.  Thus I get any valid A or MX records that I have
> published.
>
> Is that not the case with you?  Is /etc/resolv.conf set up right?
>
> ...Kevin

Yes, the problem is when the client attempts to contact their server in
our NOC. I am of the opinion it is AD not properly handling the response
from ultradns. But I can't prove it, don't even know how to test it. I
am so jaded against AD because it floods my server logs with attempts to
update private IP addresses.

If it were up to me our clients would have to turn off AD to use our
network.

DAve

Veterans?