Problem with Hebrew filenames

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:07:55 IST 2007

On 22/10/2007, Arthur Sherman <arturs at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> Although Hebrew is allowed in conf, MS blocks legit, quite short filenames:
>
> Report: MailScanner: Very long filenames are good signs of attacks against
> Microsoft e-mail packages (%E4%F9%E5%F4%E8%FA %F9%EE%EE%F9%E9%EB%E4.doc)
>
> How can I fix this?
>
> TIA!
>
> Arthur

That is the sanitized filename, look in the log for the more...
accurate.... name ... Or perhaps in the quarantined message.
Some software, which we shall not name, nor point fingers (the one
beside the index finger... no, not the thumb) at, have a nasty habit
of using the first paragraph in a document as the filename.... Usually
ending in things like .doc or .doc.pdf or whatnot... Might be your
case...
Educate your users, up the limit or just ... stand it:-):-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn