Weird Problem with MailScanner

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Mon Oct 22 15:58:15 IST 2007

Hi Jason,

A little offtopic maybe, but I hope people dont mind me jumping in here.

You talk about recipient verification ....Can this be done to multiple
hosts? Right now we have a mysql transport_maps_table witch tells where
to deliver the mail .... would it be possible to verify recipient with
external smtp hosts or would that maybe give a too big overhead of
traffic vs just receive and scan .... ?
But what happens if the smtp in the other end does not answer? Will the
mail be dropped? or just try to verify later ?

best regards
Mikael Syska

You just g