building on Red Hat EL v 5

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Oct 19 17:33:04 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:09:20 +0100:

> But they are needed on things other than RHEL5.
> What's the best way of detecting RHEL5 and all its clones?

I don't know, best way is probably to check for the perl modules directly.
SA does that and then presents a list of required and optional modules. I
think this is a good way.
I think these modules are also not needed on 4 and clones and on other
more modern systems they aren't necessary as well. Maybe I got Craig's
posting wrong. I thought you had added this to the dependencies of the
mailscanner.rpm, if you just added this to install.sh (mime-base-64 has
been on it for a long time already) this is a different matter.
I think it's preferrable to have install.sh not force the install if it's
already installed, but I can understand that you put it in there as you
try to provide a complete package.
Nevertheless, is there any chance to just get the mailscanner.rpm for a
download? This would also save bandwidth on both sides.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany