MailScanner Digest, Vol 22, Issue 33

Dave Jones davejones70 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:38:26 IST 2007

> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 07:29:17 +0100
> From: "Martin.Hepworth" <martinh at solidstatelogic.com>
> Subject: RE: {Disarmed} MailScanner processing email properly but is
>         not     delivering to outgoing queue
> To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
>
> Dave
>
> 1) see if there's anything in the maillog...

The maillog never has the "Queued mail for delivery" message from the
outbound queue.  My theory is that the email is never making it into the
/var/spool/mqueue for sendmail to send it.

BTW, I had to disable MS for now and just forward email using plain sendmail
and it works now so I am sure it's not a sendmail issue.  I have no
protection on email at the moment and some pretty nasty SPAM emails are
making it in.  I need to do something soon.  :)

2a) when you run in debug this wayyou need to stop mailscanner then run
> 'MailScanner', and it should dump debug to the screen.

I did stop MS for the debug.

2b) alternatively stop mailscanner and then run "MailScanner --debug
> --debug-sa" and you'll get the information that way without editing the
> MailScanner.conf

Good information to know in the future!

I presume you did the upgrade_MailScanner_conf when you did the upgrade?

Yes.  I have done this upgrade to 7 other MS instances I support and this
one is the only problem I have had.
Thanks for your suggestions Martin.