Mailscanner with hylafax

Steven Andrews sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Thu Oct 18 19:16:13 IST 2007

Ok, I know this is off-base...really off base, but I'm short on
equipment for a customer and desperately need to get a hylafax going
asap.  Just a tiny 2 line box, won't have a ton of traffic, but may have
some large faxes.  I have plenty of overhead in that box for the mail
volume they get so I don't think I'll have a resource contention issue,
BUT....

The hylafax box will, of course, be using sendmail to forward faxes to
the appropriate place.  Since 127.0.0.1 is whitelisted already (as it
should be), there should be no problem with MS trying to scan these, no?
I suppose I'll whitelist the email the're supposed to be coming from
anyway.

Any thoughts?

Steven R. Andrews, President
Andrews Companies Incorporated
Small Business Information Technology Consultants
sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Phone: 317.536.1807

"If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail."