building on Red Hat EL v 5

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Wed Oct 17 20:03:49 IST 2007

Auto-updates was one of my concerns.

But there is still the issue of which is the right approach?  Update config files saving a copy of the originals, or not updating and requiring a manual process?

Maybe we should have a poll of how many on this list install and run the upgrade scripts without batting an eyelid?

I certainly do.  And surely it would be worth investing a bit of time (if that's needed) to make the upgrade process simple and "fool" proof?

There was an issue of the upgrade_languages_conf not creating a languages.new file if nothing changed, resulting in a bit of a disaster if there wasn't already a languages.new file and you blindly copied languages.new over languages.conf.

Cheers,

Phil