building on Red Hat EL v 5

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Wed Oct 17 19:40:24 IST 2007

Hugo,

I think it's time to repeat my original concerns about putting
MailScanner on rpmforge.

I'm not against it at all, it's a fab idea, but....

Users will expect (and in my opinion rightfully so) "yum update" to do
the right thing.  That is, update MailScanner and any dependencies and
restart MailScanner.

Now, at the moment we have two obstacles to that:

  upgrade_MailScanner_conf and upgrade_languages_conf.

I for one would vote for the default MailScanner install doing this
automatically and creating .rpmsave copies of the previous .conf files.

Comments anyone?

Phil