Installed 4.64.3 but no init.d script

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:41:23 IST 2007

On 17/10/2007, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Did you install from the rpm.tar.gz distribution (as you should have
> done if you're installing on an RPM-based system)?

Maxime is on Debian, and went with the tarball on my recommendation,
more or less:-).

The init script on that distro is either a do-it-yourself thing, or
something you have to get from as recent a .deb as you can... You just
might find something useful if you search the list (I haven't)... Not
sure that a Redhat-ish init-script would work OK "out of the box"...
But perhaps not that hard to ... adapt...:-)

> Maxime Gaudreault wrote:
> >
> > I installed MailScanner v4.64.3 from the .tar.gz file but I can't find
> > the init script. It's now in /etc/init.d
> >

> > Where it should be ?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn