SpamHaus DROP list

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Oct 15 23:43:36 IST 2007

on 10/15/2007 2:39 PM Steve Freegard spake the following:
> Hi Hugo,
>
> hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org wrote:
>> Too early to tell. I just wrote script to add it to my postfix blocking.
>> I guess blacklisting is more effective them stopping it with IP tables.
>> This way they will not try my fallback server(s).
>>
>> In main.cf:
>>
>> smtpd_client_restrictions =
>>     check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/cidr/spamhause-droplist
>>
> <SNIP>
>
> Anything listed on DROP is also listed on the SBL, so if you already use
> the Spamhaus RBLs then this won't make any difference.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve.
I don't see any mention of the DROP list being in any zones on the spamhaus
site. Can you verify this with some links to info?
The PBL might be similar, but it doesn't mention the DROP zones either.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and