No header changes after upgrade to 4.55.10-3

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 16:55:49 IST 2007

On 14/10/2007, Maxime Gaudreault <mgaudreault at reference.qc.ca> wrote:

>  I just noticed that the Header is added in the message's body is this
> message is in TEXT format. If the message is HTML, I can't see the header
> changes.

Could you please show a complete example? Lets work with a "pure text"
example, then we'd like to see the whole thing, headers and body. You can
edit it to not show details you think private, but ... As is, all I can say
is that *something* seems to be inserting a blank line before the MS
headers...

Also... 4.55.10 isn't exactly new... Consider not letting Debian install
such an old thing and going with another install method... If that doesn't
suit you, perhaps getting MS from unstable would be more OK.

And the line you commented out, I suppose that was the line in
MailScanner.conf? Doing that will only make it use the default, which likely
isn't what you wanted...:-). For a modern MailScanner there should be no
need to point to that file in the MS config, since it should be referenced
through a symbolic link in /etc/mail/spamassassin (mailscanner.cf should
point to your spam.assassin.prefs.conf file), so that all invocations of
spamassassin would pick it up "automagically":-). Might be that that was the
version where that switch got effective ... so then removing the setting
would be the right thing to do... Do you have the symlink?

Cheers
--
-- Glenn