sendmail ldap exchange

Steven Andrews sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Thu Oct 11 19:51:55 IST 2007

Can anyone comment on if this works?
http://www.mailarchive.ca/lists/comp.mail.sendmail//2005-06/0022.html

I'm currently running as suggested in the wiki:
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta
:sendmail:how_to:setup_a_gateway

I tried the above and everything got bounced back 550.

Also wondering if you have multiple domains, I assume you need multiple:
LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(`yourdomain.com')

One for each domain, but do you need multiple
define('confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPC.... lines?

OS is CentOS 4.3, sendmail is 8.13.1  The author makes reference to
compiling sendmail to work with ldap.  sendmail -bt -d0.1 responds:

Using username "root".
Last login: Thu Oct 11 11:47:16 2007 from mail.xxxxxxx.com
[root at spamfiilter ~]# sendmail -bt -d0.1
Version 8.13.1
 Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP LOG MAP_REGEX
                MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NETINET
NETINET6
                NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF SOCKETMAP
STARTTLS
                TCPWRAPPERS USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = spamfilter
  (canonical domain name) $j = spamfilter.xxxxxxx.com
         (subdomain name) $m = xxxxxxx.com
              (node name) $k = spamfiilter

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>

Thanks!

Steve