mail char encoding

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Oct 11 15:50:37 IST 2007

hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org a écrit :
> Jan Agermose wrote:
>
>> Im having some problems with danish special chars that are sometimes
>> "changed" during the scanning process. I've prob. set the wrong char
>> encoding of the server or something. Im sure I read somewhere to set
>> something like this, but now I cannot find it anywhere.
>>
>> Running centos4.5, installed mailscanner using rpm.
>>

> Jules wrote about this in his book. What have you set your Language
> settings to? If it contain UTF-8 in there then you may have found a
> possible cause.
>
> Hugo.

Hugo,

My newest MS servers run with LANG=en_US.UTF-8 without any problems.  I
just made sure I installed MS, Clam and SA with LANG=C.

Most ham we receive is in French and we don't have any problems with
contents being "changed" by MS.

Denis

--
   _