Can't figure out why we are getting so much spam.

Jason Gottschalk Jason at SYO.Com
Mon Oct 8 17:33:35 IST 2007

Hello Matt,

I did find way at the end of the whitelist file:

To: *@* and From: *@syo.com yes

I've removed it, we should know shortly.....

Monday, October 8, 2007, 11:03:06 AM, you wrote:
Matt> Jason Gottschalk wrote:
>> Hello mailscanner,
>>

>> The amount of spam we are getting has really grown in the last few
>> weeks, from 2 or 3 per day to dozens per hour.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Here is an example: (and it certainly is NOT in my whitelist!:)

Matt> Are you sure that:

Matt>  From *@syo.com yes

Matt> is not in your spam.whitelist.rules?

Matt> Note that from a MailScanner perspective this message was from and to
Matt> jason at syo.com, despite the body-text From: header containing:

Matt> From: "Jacob E. Henry" <bkmlu at starmobilesound.net>

--
Best regards,
 Jason Gottschalk                         mailto:Jason at SYO.Com