OT: Stopping hotmail relayers

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Oct 6 22:44:02 IST 2007

Hi,

I have noticed that quite a bit of SPAM arrives through hotmail. I have
tested it in the past it takes about 30 seconds to get a fake account
through an anonymous proxy. After that one can safely SPAM as much as
you like.

If I shutdown hotmail alltogether there will be a bit of a riot. I
noticed that hotmail transfers the original IP address in the header:
X-Originating-IP

Has anyone thought of a way to stop messages on the MTA (postfix) level
based on the IP address of this header?

Hugo.

	for they are subtle and quick to anger.