MailScanner Broke on both Fedora Core 6 & 7

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu Oct 4 12:48:48 IST 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Vernon Webb wrote:

> > To be honest. Running production level machines on Fedora is not worth the
> > problems you get down the road.
>
> No offence and this may well be a good debate, when someone is NOT dealing with issues as I am now. Personally I find it analogous to kicking a man when he is
> down. As someone else mentioned I have had minor issues to date and have been running Fedora Core and Red Hat back to version 3 and rarely have had issues.

You may need the kick if you are trying to stand up leaning on a bad
stick. Either fix issues on a string of incidents or choose a path with
less incidents. If you need the machine you need stablility. Go with FC6
if you like but do not expect stability like one will see with enterprise
oriented distro's.

I have seen my share of shitty issues with FC and learned from it. So it
is up to you to learn it the hard way yourself by continueing on this path
or take someone's word for it while you hit your first serious bump on a
road I feel will lead you to more trouble.

Hugo.

 	(Thanks JFK, for this quote of George Bernard Shaw.)