Issue with MailScanner and listserve mail

Dave Filchak dfilchak at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 4 04:47:39 IST 2007

I am having a big issue with MailScanner and I need to resolve this in
the next hour as I have to send out an email blast.

I am sending out an html email through mailman to a list of opt-in
recipients. The list server is on my secondary mail server. When I send
to the list serve, the email goes out but is always getting tagged with
{spam?]. In fact it is getting tagged twice, once from the secondary and
once from my primary mail servers. When I send the same email directly
to myself, it does not get tagged at all.

I have both of my servers in my spam.whitelist.rules file as well as the
NAT address from which I am sending the original email as well as all of
the list serve addresses for this particular list. The funny thing is
that the MailScanner on my secondary give the email a spam score of
8.226 while the MailScanner on my primary gives it a 5. The whitelist
rules are in the form of:

From:   zuka-test-list-bounces at zuka.net   yes
From:   199.243.151.21   yes

and so on.

Can anyone offer some help to me. As I said, I need to get this out
tonight and would really rather that the email did not get tagged with
the {spam} tags.

Thanks

Dave