Removing attachments but delivering the message

Fabio Viero fviero at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:31:37 IST 2007

Hi Julian

Thanks for your reply. I´ll try to be more specific and i also did some
testing on what i think is the correct approach for my problem.
Unfortunatelly i ran into some dificulties here.

We have a system that sends a huge number of messages to a huge number of
distinct recipients on the internet and we receive a lot of bounces (mailbox
overquota, recipient does not exist and the like). We would like to drop
these messages altogether. In some cases these warnings are attachments and
we also would like to drop these attachments. See that i have a distinct
list for messages i want to delete and for messages i want to drop the
attachment. Differences between one and the other are done by the Subject
field. In common they have the To: field

What i did already:
1. Setup some MCP rules for the Subject. But i soon realized i couldn´t do
that because while i can tell MS to drop MCP´s i want to do that based on a
specific To address. Should i do that by using a second body statement in
the rule?

2. For the attachments, i followed your direction and created a ruleset that
looks like the following:
To:    user at domain.com.br    1
FromOrTo:     default    -1

No problem arose here, but i checked Mailwatch and the status of the message
told that the attachment was too large, that´s correct but i didn´t receive
any message on the user mailbox. It seemed like the message was not
delivered (although Mailwatch report told it was, i mean no spam, bad
content or anything) and i have both the message and the attach stored in
the quarantine. Maybe here i´ll have a hard issue. How can i tell MS to
remove an attachment based on its message Subject field? Is it possible at
all?

Thanks a lot Julian