Spamassassin Time outs

Gottschalk, David dgottsc at emory.edu
Tue Oct 2 18:01:04 IST 2007

DNS is working properly?

David Gottschalk
UTS Infrastructure Technology Services
david.gottschalk at emory.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Paul Houselander
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:55 PM
To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
Subject: Spamassassin Time outs

Hi

For about 2 hours now ive been getting spamassasin time outs on pretty much
every mail im processing and I cant track down what the problem is.

Ive ran spamassasin -D --lint which shows no probs and ive ran
spamassasin -t < message (a known spam message) and it didnt time out, ive
also ran MailScanner (and spamassasin) in debug mode and again it didnt
timeout, however if I start MailScanner normally pretty much every message
is timing out.

Ive stopped incoming email for the moment and the load on the box is right
down but still pretty much every message times out.

Ive deleted my bayes database as well but made no difference.

Any other ideals on where I can look?

Paul