CentOS5, MS 4.65.3-1, perl Math modules

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 18:12:06 GMT 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> David Lee wrote:
> > I have just been installing MailScanner-4.65.3-1 on a freshly installed
> > CentOS-5 (32-bit) system.
>
> As this is a fresh system. you might want to add rpmforge to your
> repository and then test my experimental wrapper. If it passes Jules QA
> checks it will become part of the mainstream site.
>
> For now: http://yum.vanderkooij.org/
>
> That will allow for a clean rollout as some of the testers have confirmed.

Thanks.  Next week, I'll see if I can get myself into a position to try
that.

Although (obviously) I would like to get on with doing our own
installations for our own use, I am also keen to ensure (like you and
Jules) that the official distributed versions(*) are good for other users.
So I'm happy to try to do some debugging towards this.

(*) I presume those official versions continue to include Jules' existing
rpm-based one, and your own (subject, as you say, to Jules' QA).

Thanks again.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :