Postfix + MS not seeing hash_queue_names

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Wed Nov 28 13:40:10 GMT 2007

On Wed, November 28, 2007 05:58, melecom at adam.com.au wrote:

> <HTML>

>>From the postconf -n output:<BR>

> <BR>

> hash_queue_depth = 1<BR>

> hash_queue_names = incoming,defer<BR>

> <BR>

> The directories exist, I've tried adding "active,maildrop," etc
but

> whenever MailScanner is restarted the same error appears in the maillog:

> Nov 28 15:46:21 melecom MailScanner[7688]: Messages found but no hashed

> queue directories. Please enable hashed queues for incoming and

> deferred with a depth of 1 or 2. See the Postfix documentation for

> hash_queue_names and hash_queue_depth<BR>

You need to ensure that as a minimum, the hold and incoming queues are
the same depth.

> The Postfix documentation is sparse!<BR>

I would personally disagree but I wonder if you are looking in the right
place :-)

Check out here http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:installation
(Watch for any wrapping) at the bottom of the page about hashed queues.

Regards

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Tiger Mail ( www.technologytiger.net/tigermail ) from Technology Tiger.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ