Greylisting Addon

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 12:13:12 GMT 2007

Hi guys,

"Randal, Phil" <prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk> wrote: milter-greylist 4.0

  http://hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist/

This seems to be a bit of a memory hog (with possible memory leaks), though, so keep your eye on it.
IMHO milter-greylist is the best greylist milter for sendmail. Why is it the best? because it does what it's supposed to do (and in a varied setup like I have, multiple inbound and outbound MX servers, central mail servers, etc) it just works.

Yes it is a memory hog, but 400Mb of virtual memory isn't that much considering I have over 72,000 auto-managed records per server.

I have tried others and found they may work well for one server, but not in a distributed environment which requires sync between MX servers.

Regards,

Michael.
Cheers,

Phil