Text shows something different than what is there.

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Nov 27 22:11:08 GMT 2007

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I may have not realized what
was being discussed until I saw it in front of me.

We are getting tons of email with different sexual content. When viewing
the source of the email through Thunderbird, a few of the lines show up
like the following:

IF YOU WANT TO F wol UC sty K SOMEBODY,
F oy U zb CK YOURSELF & SAVE YOUR MONEY!

The email when viewed normally through Thunderbird (and probably most
other clients) is different. If you remove all of the lower case letters
and the spaces around them, you'll see what the viewed text is displaying.

Can anyone explain what is going on there and a pretty good way to block
this. The F-word is pretty blatant in these.

Thanks,

Steve Campbell