Too messages in Hold folder when spamassassin is activated in MailScanner

Israel Garcia igalvarez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:22:03 GMT 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 4:01 PM, UxBoD <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:

> So when disabling RBLs the problem disappears.

No, the problem disapear when I turn off spamassassin completily in
mailscanner config file. Sometimes I enable Spamassassin check but disable
razor2, DCC and pyzor in spam.assassin.prefs.conf and it work better.. BUT,
if I fully enalbe spamassassin with DCC, razor2 and pyzor the load average
begins to increase and thousands of mails begins comes to HOLD folder .. Do
you think it's time to split the load in two servers? I mean something like
this:
                                 Router
                      NAT rules to SMTP farm serves.
                I                                   I
       Server2 SMTP                 Server1 SMTP
       Mailscanner/sa                Mailscanner/sa

I think I have two problems, to much spam (80% of total emails --> from
vispan) and my the line 256k/frame relay is FULL.

Any other ideas?
Israel

Thats a start! If your bandwidth is saturated then lookups are taking a long