Disabling auto sa-update in MailScanner

Richard Frovarp Richard.Frovarp at sendit.nodak.edu
Tue Nov 27 16:59:40 GMT 2007

Ramprasad wrote:

> Some rules added due to sa-update ( especially the completewhois
> lookups )  create problems for my server. I cannot disable the rules
> by scoring them 0 , because the actual rules are sometime removed by
> sa-update and a score of 0 in local.cf gives lint errors

Don't worry about it. They aren't lint errors, they are just lint
warnings. At only warnings, SpamAssassin will run just fine and lint
will return the proper success code. Lint errors indicate there is a
problem with SA running, not warnings. Score them at 0 in local.cf. If
you see the warning and are so inclined at a future date, remove the score.