Set it and forget it?

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 23:44:46 GMT 2007

donald.dawson at bakerbotts.com wrote:
> I can't go along with 1 CPU system handling 1,000,000 message attempts,
> unless you are actually talking about very few being processed by MS/SA.

That's precisely it. Most of the 1m message attempts are aborted very
early in their SMTP conversation, using dozens of different tricks to
identify that it's not a real properly-written standards-compliant MTA,
but a very quick and dirty spam-spitting engine.

Most of the message delivery attempts are abandoned before even the
message body has been received. You can tell an awful lot about a sender
just by the way he talks to you.

If you don't believe it, try it free for the 30-day evaluation period
(fully functional).
It's dead easy to rip out again if you decide not to keep it.

Jules.

P.S. The post by Steve was not intended as an advert, but as a genuine
suggestion of a very good solution to the original poster's problem.

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM