MailScanner --debug error

Jody Cleveland cleveland at winnefox.org
Mon Nov 26 14:10:34 GMT 2007

Hello,

After many complaints of mail processing being slow, I decided to run
MailScanner --debug to try and see if there were any errors. The first one
to come up was this:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1087.
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1089.

That area of the SpamAssassin.pm says this:

if (!open(IN,"<$filename")) {
  dbg("config: read_scoreonly_config: cannot open \"$filename\": $!");
  return;
}

I've never modified that file, so it should have all the default information
in there. Any ideas what may be wrong?

- jody