Trouble running system update on RHEL after installing Mailscanner?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Nov 23 21:07:58 GMT 2007

Bjørn T Johansen a écrit :
> We are having trouble running system update (yum update) on our RHEL 5 server after we installed Mailscanner...
> It tells us that there is conflict with many of the perl packages and it just stops...
>
> Is there a way to fix this?
>

> Regards,
>
> BTJ

Do "find /var/cache/yum -name '*rpm' -ls" to locate the rpms that were
downloaded but not installed and then force the update with "rpm -Uvh
--force ...".

That should do it.

Denis

--