OT: Load Balancing & redundancy using Multiple A records

UxBoD uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Nov 23 10:04:34 GMT 2007

Why do your customers need to add additional MX records ? Surely they will be using your outbound SMTP servers.

If this is what you mean, then the downsite of round robin DNS is that the actual servers are not tested that port 25 is active.  For this you would require a more technical solution.

Regards,

--[ UxBoD ]--
// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod at sip.splatnix.net