Whitelist not working?

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Wed Nov 21 09:56:49 GMT 2007

> > I've added the domain where it's going to the whitelist
> > (/opt/MailSCanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules)
>
> That is a rather unusual spot. What version of MailScanner are you
> running? How  did you install it?

Using instructions found here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_antispam_mailscanner_clamav_ubuntu

I'm not a hero with server configuration but this how-to has given me a
good working well set up.

> What does the file actual look like?

Thusly:

---snip---
# If you are basing a blacklist on this then you can refer to
# a null (empty) sender address with "/^$/" as the address to match.
#
# This is where you can build a Spam WhiteList
# Addresses matching in here, with the value
# "yes" will never be marked as spam.