Experimental repository for RHEL 5 / Centos 5

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Nov 20 23:51:18 GMT 2007

on 11/11/2007 1:42 PM Scott Silva spake the following:
> on 11/10/2007 3:16 PM Hugo van der Kooij spake the following:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created an experimental setup with wrapper that should allow one
>> to install MailScanner through yum for RHEL 5 or Centos 5 if one has
>> already added the rpmforge repository.
>>
>> I put up the details on http://yum.vanderkooij.org/
>>
>> I will try to install some other virtual machines and test other
>> distributions if I can find the time.
>>
>> It is rather simple and I think it will be possible to keep it that way.
>> So I hope when the test show good results Jules will be able to maintain
>> a repository himself with minimal effort.
>>
>> If anyone is willing to give it a spin. Please do so, so we can work out
>> anything I might have overlooked.
>>
>> Hugo.
> I have a couple of new servers that will just be coming out of stress
> testing.
> I will do a wipe and install on one and give it a try this week.

Ran this repo today and it gets all requires very well. Installed on X86-64
with no issues. Are there any optional modules that anyone thinks are helpful?
I would vote for perl-Mail-ClamAV, perl-Convert-TNEF, and maybe the SPF
modules for spamassassin.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and