Minimum hardware capacity for 35k e-mail scans/day

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Tue Nov 20 18:53:12 GMT 2007

On 11/20/2007 7:08 PM, Julian Field wrote:
> Another criticism of SDBM: I just tried converting my Bayes db files
> (670Mb) to SDBM and they grew by more than a factor of 3 ! (2048Mb)

imho, a 670MB Bayes DB is a massive perfomance hog.
Using autolearn and expiring every night, I doubt you'd really need more
than the default settings. You'd probably be surprised how fast SA will
process your mail with a less than 50 MB token file.

If you are counting the Bayes_seen file, this irrelevant and can be
deleted unless you need sa-learn to "forget" msgs.

Alex