Minimum hardware capacity for 35k e-mail scans/day

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:43:37 GMT 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 10:07 AM, Greg Matthews <gmatt at nerc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Steve Freegard wrote:
> > Julian Field wrote:
> >> Only 1 process at a time can hold the BerkeleyDB open and write to it.
> >> Lots of processes can hold the RDBMS open at once. It's all down to
> >> file locking.
> >
> > See http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesBenchmarkResults
>
> wow. Interesting stuff. So why does SA not use sdbm by default?

I tested SDBM and it works just fine. My daily expire job went from
over a minute to little over 10 seconds. Syncs are still completed so
fast (0-1s) that I don't notice the difference. I wrote a wiki page on
how to use SDBM based on Scott Silva's SQL guide.

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_spam:spamassassin:bayes:sdbm

--
/peter