Way OT: Minimum hardware capacity for 35k e-mail scans/day

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Mon Nov 19 17:12:57 GMT 2007

Glenn Steen wrote:
> If we ever meet in person... Your view of my command of the language
> will degrade pretty fast:-):-). One might know a word intimately, but
> have never ever heard it pronounced... Makes for some quite hilarious
> misconceptions/misunderstandings....:-)

Language can be a great source of humor.  I spent a year in Israel in
the early eighties and one of the other volunteers at the kibbutz was a
very nice young lady from Sweden.  I would rib her a bit about her
accent, so she took pains to speak as correctly as she could.  One day
while eating she gets up and said "I'm going to get more yelly for my
jogurt."  I cracked up.  Somehow she didn't quite see the same humor in
it...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500