New installation configuration question.

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 09:00:45 GMT 2007

On 15/11/2007, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> This looks to me to be a Postfix configuration problem, and not a
> MailScanner one.
> It is failing to recognise the address
>     jowens at computeryardsale.net
> which it thinks should be local.
>
> Without the line in header_checks that sends mail to MailScanner, does
> the symptom change at all? What happens when you tell it to send a
> message to jowens at computeryardsale.net then?
>
> Jules.

With that log, I don't see any real need to do that:-).
It'll fail miserably then too... A "postconf -n" would be good here,
as well as a word or two on how you _think_ you've set it... Is jowens
a real user or a virtual one? Local or relay?
Or did you already tell, and I'm just a sloppy reader?:-)

Another thing:
You are running a rather new Postfix version (2.4.5) and a rather old
MailScanner (4.46.2)... There has been a bit of work done on the PF
support for newer versions in MS, so you might want to *not* use that
old debian package... Either use the tarball, or look for a newer .deb
(I'm not quite sure which version is the latest debian... 4.55.10
seems a bit mouldy as well...). If you use the tarball, Jules provides
the needed init script on the download page at
http://www.mailscanner.info ...

> Owens, Jerry wrote:
(snip)

Cheers