Where to file the "file" bug

Andreas Kasenides Andreas.Kasenides at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Fri Nov 16 08:39:34 GMT 2007

Is there a place where I can report a bug?
I have the same problem, reported ages ago, with the "file" command
where MailScanner
believes that a message is an MS-DOG executable (.exe, .com) while it is
apparently only
a .txt attachment or a forward which is sent as "inline" text.
Apparently this happens very often
with MS-Outlook mailers and with messages that contain characters other
than the standard
West European sets. Yes I have read a lot about this on this list.
The problem has been placed on the shoulders of the "file" command
erroneously reporting an
executable file when it is not.
Apparently this is not always true. In my case I have several messages
which the file command
reports as "RFC 822 mail text" yet MailScanner will not pass through.
I am using CentOS 5 and MailScanner 4.63.8.
Any help? since the only other alternative(??) is to completely disable
the FileType detection?

Thanks
Andreas