Minimum hardware capacity for 35k e-mail scans/day

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Thu Nov 15 17:50:13 GMT 2007

Hi Edward,

Edward Prendergast wrote:
> The queue seems to go up with the load. By the time the load is around 10
> the queue starts to climb without any sign of going down. It usually reaches
> the 300 mark within half an hour to an hour, but has gone up as far as
> 3,000. When I turn bayes off the load goes down and mail queues start
> becoming manageable again.

Ok - sounds like Bayes is a factor that is causing the slowness.  Do you
have Bayes in MySQL or DB_File?

If DB_File then I would suggest setting 'bayes_learn_to_journal 1' in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf as from experience it will reduce the lock
contention and speed-up batch processing considerably.

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
Steve Freegard