Minimum hardware capacity for 35k e-mail scans/day

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Wed Nov 14 16:40:43 GMT 2007

I'm not sure what the minimum is, but our main mx box is a quad core
Dell 2950, 4GB RAM, running MailScanner / SA 3.2.3, MailWatch, ClamAV,
McAfee uvscan, FuzzyOCR, milter-greylist.

Yesterday it handled 165,000 emails, of which 91% were rejected at the
MTA level.

Load average tends to be around 1.2, peaking at 2.5.

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal