Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sun Nov 11 21:40:06 GMT 2007

on 11/10/2007 2:00 PM Glenn Steen spake the following:
> On 10/11/2007, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> on 11/10/2007 2:45 AM Glenn Steen spake the following:

>>> As you know Gerard, I'm not the contentious type;-). No wars in sight...
>>> You are quite right, Rianto could have been as detailed as he (or is
>>> that a female name?) eventually was here, but that is not my point...
>>> All I say is that they could have asked for relevant information (not
>>> just the "use of MailScanner disqualifies you from ever getting our
>>> help" line).
>>> As you did here.
>>> I don't think there is any argument here, is there?

>>> Yes,I think it a bit ... extreme... too. But with the figures of
>>> incoming mail s/he cites, if the qmgr really only wakeup every five
>>> minutes... that *will* land him/her with a seemingly slow delivery,
>>> there is no argumenting with that. On the other hand, I'm sure one
>>> could try affect the operation of the qmgr other ways that might get
>>> the same effect, or even some MailScanner setting.
>>> I'm very busy/tired ATM, so haven't spent even close to enough time
>>> looking at this problem ...  Perhaps shouldn't be posting on the list
>>> at all... Sigh - Where did things like "free time" and "relaxation"
>>> go?:-)
>>>
>>> Cheers
>> My free time seems to be from when my head hits the pillow to when the alarm
>> clock or phone rings!  ;-P
> :-)
>
>> Lately, I have been in the emergency room almost every night with my spouse
>> and her condition that the doctors call "Irritable bowel syndrome" or
>> translated to layman's terms "Yes she is vomiting and yes she has pain, but we
>> just can't figure out what is causing it"
> I got that diagnose too, initially.... If it isn't UC (which is pretty
> obvious, whatwith all the blood) IBS is the next thing they try out as
> an explanation... They've done the lovely endoscopic things ... ? From
> "both ends"...? Since IBS is an "exclusion diagnose", I suppose they
> have...
> Nowadays, a good gastroenterologist will see if it's Crohns ... and
> the pathology will confirm it... But there are many strange things
> that look like IBS (even epelepsy... Strange as it sounds).
> A dear friend of mine has IBS (and her husband has UC....). What they
> seem to find most irritating is that the doctors just shrug it of,
> since they really have no clue what to do. Doesn't mean she's in any
> less pain, or that the condition isn't grave.... Just not immediately
> life-threatening. Oh well, you already know this, I imagine.
> I feel for you both.
>
>> Trying to function at work on one or two hours of sleep is starting to get to
>> me, but I have missed so much work in the last 5 years that I am afraid to
>> take too much time off.
> Well, if I were you.... I'd talk to the PHB about what he can do to
> make it possible for you to function as "caretaker" while still
> [...]
They started her on clonazepan, a relative of vallium, and it seems to be
helping. She always was one to stress over everything.
Lucily I react to stress differently...I get very sleepy.. I have even fallen
asleep during domestic arguments.
But that can start its own fires. ;-P

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...