Postfix vs MailScanner : Slow Incoming Queue

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Nov 10 12:48:13 GMT 2007

Glenn Steen wrote:
> On 10/11/2007, Drew Marshall <drew.marshall at technologytiger.net> wrote:

>>> Glad to see you back!
>>>
>> Nice to be back! Mind you I have some reading to do (I didn't really
>> go, just no time to post and only just enough time to read some
>> threads). Hope you are feeling better, Shingles is no fun :-(
>>
>> Drew
>>
> Uh, enlighten a poo Swede, would you... What are "shingles"? Thought
> that'd be a 1930's hair style:-)

It's the same virus pretty much as causes chickenpox in children. It
travels along your nerves. Most people carry it, it just lies dormant.
Occasionally it flares up, and causes spots on the skin along the rough
path of the nerve it has flared up in. It also causes a nerve pain
(rather like RSI pain) due to inflammation of the nerves (I think).

Wikipedia has an article all about it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_zoster

Jules

- --