How to store and delete a message

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 31 20:08:14 IST 2007

Jason Gottschalk wrote:
> Hello Julian,
>
> Maybe that is the problem, I do not know what you mean by that.

Every ruleset has to be attached to a configuration option for it to do
anything. There must somewhere be a line in your MailScanner.conf saying

Config Option Name Here = %rules-dir%/archive.rules

And remember that the only place you can use the "delete" keyword is in
these config options:
    spam actions
    non-spam actions
    high scoring spam actions

> I just added the line below to the archive.rules
>
> FromOrTo: me at mydomain.com delete /sites/mysite/mail/archive/mbox
>
> The mbox writing is working, but the message is still being delivered.
>

> Thursday, May 31, 2007, 2:28:49 PM, you wrote:
> Julian> What configuration option are you attaching this ruleset to?
>
> Julian> Jason Gottschalk wrote:
>
>>> Hello MailScanner,
>>>
>>>   I am trying to store (archive) and delete a message.
>>>
>>>   I am using this rule in the archive.rules ruleset
>>>

> Julian> Jules
>
> Julian> --
> Julian> Julian Field MEng CITP
> Julian> www.MailScanner.info
> Julian> Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
>
> Julian> MailScanner customisation, or any advanced system administration help?
> Julian> Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM
>
> Julian> PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
> Julian> For all your IT requirements visit www.transtec.co.uk
>

> Julian> --
> Julian> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> Julian> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> Julian> believed to be clean.
> Julian> For all your IT requirements visit www.transtec.co.uk

Jules

--