false positives on rule "FM_RATSIGN_1106" and what to do?

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Tue May 29 21:01:42 IST 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> It looks at messages that hit both MSGID_VGA and DATE_700
> Message-ID =~ /^<000001c[67]/  and date is -7 hours
>
> It is in 72_active.cf.
> So if you are getting false positives it might be that you deal with a lot of
> mail from a time zone that is 7 hours behind you. If it hits that much, you
> could score lower.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the quick response.

 From what I can see, the message IDs on the false positives do indeed
match the pattern you note above, but the date is a bit bizarre. We're
on the west coast of North America, and because it's summer, everyone in
this time zone is -0700. From what I can see in the header, the user's
computer's clock does seem to be correct, and their time zone appears to
be correct.

I've attached a (censored) copy of a message header from a message
that's getting hit on this: