Recognising and flagging 'foreign' language e-mails in MCP

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue May 29 09:30:46 IST 2007

[snip]
>I have done this too, but I didn't see any need to do it in MCP (as MCP
>has a very high speed overhead). Just a normal SA rule with a small
>score will do fine, just put your initials or something similar at the
>start of the rule name.

Julian

Thanks for the reply and heads-up on MCP.

For historical reasons we have 'Always Include SpamAssassin Report =
no'. Thus SA rule hits and scores are only ever visible in message
headers when a message is tagged as spam. Hence the need for the MCP
work around in this particular case.

The reason for setting that MS option to 'no' is that some users here
were advised in the early days to check for spam by looking for the
'SpamCheck' header rather than the flag in the Subject line.

Perhaps it is time we revisited this and see whether I can now set
'Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes' to avoid the MCP overhead.

Quentin