semi [OT] IEFT moves DK to draft standard

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon May 28 22:30:19 IST 2007

Randal, Phil spake the following on 5/26/2007 2:05 AM:
> For what it's worth, I've already seen DomainKeys signed spam here.
>
> All DKIM is going to do is tell you that the sender is in charge of the
> DNS for that domain.
>
> It could help blocking stuff from spambots if enough people adopt it, I
> guess.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil
That is what I think, too. But spambots are near the top of the spam chain, so
I guess it will help. I think Domainkeys will be like SPF. You will have to
get it working so others will accept YOUR mail. I had to get SPF working
because the people who sign my paychecks needed to send mail to addresses that
used SPF as a filtering point. And I always make the check signers happy!! ;-P

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and