Starting and stoping MailScanner

nboric at contexte.fr nboric at contexte.fr
Sat May 26 21:15:39 IST 2007

I have recently installed posfix+mailscanner+mailwatch on Debain server.
System is running fine.

The Rules du jour config line SQA_RESTART apparently need to be set to
SA_RESTART="/etc/init.d/MailScanner reload"; ?

Webmin module also needs a command to restart MailScanner

My /etc/init.d/MailScanner doesn't work properly.

For installation, I used the following link :

http://www.howtoforge.com/postfix_antispam_mailscanner_clamav_ubuntu_p4

MailScanner is starting with a server, since I followed the instructions
and inserted  /opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner  line in
/etc/rc.local file.

 Here is the beggining of my   /etc/init.d/mailscanner file :

# This file was automatically customized by dh-make on Fri,  4 Jan 2002
20:05:18 +0100

PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
NAME=MailScanner
DAEMON=/usr/sbin/$NAME
DESC="mail spam/virus scanner"
CONFFILE=/opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf

I changed the DEAMON line to DAEMON=/opt/MailScanner/bin/$NAME.

and then script is complaining since the rights to directories are not
properly set.The owner is postfix:postfix, in Mailscanner.conf file I set
postfix user and www-data group because of MailWatch.

The directories are :

/var/spool/MailScanner
/var/lib/MailScanner
/var/run/MailScanner
/var/lock/subsys/MailScanner

Which are the permissions I need to set for these directories ?

There is no /var/lock/subsys/MailScanner on my system, shall I create this
directory or shall I use the other one ?

Thanks,

Nenad

believed to be clean.