better blocking at MTA level (off-topic)

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Sat May 26 10:26:13 IST 2007

On Saturday, May 26, 2007 10:40 AM Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

>          reject_invalid_hostname,
>          reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
>          reject_unknown_hostname
>          reject_non_fqdn_sender,
>          reject_unknown_sender_domain
>          reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
>          reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
>          reject_unauth_destination
>          check_policy_service unix:/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket

I wish I could use all of those for strict testing. Unfortunatly too
many legit senders of our clients are too stupid to setup their
mail-servers correctly.

> I have tested with Trend Micro RBL and you can take it yourself for a
> spin for 30 days:

http://us.trendmicro.com/us/products/enterprise/network-reputation-servi
ces/index.html

> I am not sure you will like the pricetag but they are pretty good for
> a RBL.

Just requested an eval. Thanks for the hint. Do you have an appr. price
for the two RBLs? I cannot find any on their web-page. What about
false-positives and a comparison to spamhouse etc.? Is TM that much
better and worth the price?

Kind regards

Jan-Peter Koopmann