yum based install

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Thu May 24 21:27:36 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
> Try the attached RPM. I have attached the spec file too for you.
> Am I going to have to update this for every single beta version? Or just
> every stable version?

Thanks.  The VPS I tried it on doesn't have yum, but it looks like the
RPM doesn't actually require mailscanner, despite being listed in the
Requires section in the .spec file.  The other problem is that four of
the required Perl modules are provided by the main Perl RPM on that
distro (CentOS 5); I think that will cause yum to complain.

Not sure what that /tmp/motd is doing...

As far as version numbers go, I don't know whether the meta-RPM should
have the same number as the main MailScanner RPM and require at least
that version of the main RPM, or whether you can just do a new version
of the meta-RPM whenever the requirements change.  There are probably
pros and cons to both approaches.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall