yum based install

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Thu May 24 20:15:43 IST 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Richard Siddall wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
>>  The problem with that is it doesn't help you if you have installed any of
>>  the Perl modules using CPAN. This is why the MailScanner rpm file doesn't
>>  have a long "requires" list containing all the Perl modules it needs. If
>>  you have any of the Perl modules installed via CPAN, you have the module
>>  but don't have the RPM for it.
>
> Could you put out a meta-RPM with the full list of Requires?  It would
> contain no files, just a list of requires that would cause yum/apt/whatever
> to pull in the MailScanner RPM and all the Perl modules.

Silly I did not think of it. I know the trick work for complex setups like
mythtv with over 20 packages to install.

That way there is no need to change the current package either.

A rather lengty example can be seen on
http://dl.atrpms.net/all/mythtv-suite.spec

In our case it could be something like:

Hugo.