yum based install

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu May 24 18:33:10 IST 2007

Julian Field spake the following on 5/24/2007 9:36 AM:

> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Hugo van der Kooij spake the following on 5/24/2007 3:16 AM:
>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It seems rpmforge will have (or does have by now ;-) a perl-Filesys-Df
>>> package.
>>>
>>> So the only thing one would need to use yum to install MS would be a
>>> repository with the mailscanner RPM in then for the usual distro's.
>>>
>>> There is an issue however that needs to be addressed in the MS rpm file
>>> to make it work. There is no dependency for perl-Filesys-Df in the MS
>>> RPM. I noticed the dependency only when I started MS that it needed
>>> Filesys/Df.pm to run.
>>>
>>> I understand Julian is no fan of packagers adding MS to their
>>> repositories. If keeping it up-to-date and getting some usage figures is
>>> the main issue then I think it would be almost trivial to setup a
>>> repository so yum can fetch MS from the right site and Julian will still
>>> have an up-to-date repository and the download statistics.
>>>
>>> Hugo.
>>>

>> If Julian doesn't want the MailScanner rpm on a repo, you could always do a
>> yum localinstall with proper repo info in place.
>
> Do I need to do anything to make yum installs work more easily?
>
> Jules

I think it was mentioned near the top of this message about adding the
dependency for perl-Filesys-Df. If the rpm has the proper requires, it should
be just a matter of adding rpmforge as a yum repo, and doing "yum localinstall
--enablerepo=rpmforge mailscanner.xxx.noarch.rpm.
If you feel so inclined, maybe Dag can mirror the MailScanner rpm and then it
would be a "one-stop" shop.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and